It’s Official: Alexander Wang and Balenciaga Are Parting Ways

alexander-wang-balenciaga--march-2015

In a joint statement released today, Alexander Wang and Balenciaga confirmed that they are indeed parting ways.

The announcement, via WWD, was expected by industry insiders, who all but confirmed the news earlier this week. Wang will present his last collection for the French house on October 2, at Paris Fashion Week.

“Balenciaga and Alexander Wang today announce their joint decision not to renew their contract beyond its initial term,” said the statement, which noted that a new creative director will be named “in due course.”

In the same statement, Wang said: “It’s been an incredible experience to work with a couture house in Paris. I am honored to have had the opportunity to work for this historical maison. I would like to thank the brilliant team at Balenciaga for their collaboration and for what we have accomplished together, and I am looking forward to taking my own brand to its next level of growth.”


More from Maria Di Benedetti

The Summer Sandal Solution If You Have Hard-to-Fit-Feet

About five years ago, I was wearing a pair of ballet flats...
Read More

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.